Directions for applying for use of the facilities at the National Taiwan Library
National Taiwan Library (hereinafter referred to as the “Library”) enacts the Guidelines (hereinafter referred to as the “Guidelines”) in order to promote the social education and advocate life-long learning, and to activate the occupation of the Library’s indoor venue and manage and fully utilize the outdoor venue of 823 Memorial Park within the jurisdiction of the Library, without affecting the reading activities promoted by the Library.
The occupation of venue covers:
(1) Indoor venue: Citizen classroom, briefing room and 4045 classroom
(2) Outdoor venue: Cultural and Creative Square and Leshan District
The occupation referred to herein shall refer to the occupation of venue and related facilities, exclusive of provision of parking lots or consigned booking or procurement of goods.
Unless the Library needs to occupy the venue for the activity organized by it as the first priority, any entities, companies, corporations, or schools registered or accredited upon the government’s approval (hereinafter referred to as the “Applicant”) may apply for occupation of the venue with the Library to organize social education and culture activities, if they meet any of the following circumstances:
(1) Any speech, competition, performance, meeting, or exhibition by academic, educational, cultural and artistic nature.
(2) Important assemblies and ceremonies, or activities dedicated to propagating policies and decrees organized by government entities.
The activities organized by the Applicant shall be free from merchandising or sale of goods, or any political or election campaigns. In the case of fund-raising activity or assembly or parade, please comply with Subparagraph (4), Paragraph 1, Point 5 herein.
The occupation of venue may be categorized into three sessions:
(1) Indoor venue: 9:00AM-12:00PM; 1:30PM-4:30PM; 5:30PM-8:30PM
(2) Outdoor venue: 9:00AM-12:00PM; 1:30PM-4:30PM; 6:00PM-9:00PM
The Applicant shall submit the following information in written form to the Library within 30 days prior to the occupation date, in order to complete the application procedure:
(1) Application form for occupation of venue: The Applicant shall complete and affix the unit responsible person’s seal into the Form. The Applicant which is an entity (school) shall also affix the entity’s (school’s) official seal thereto.
(2) Proposal: To specify the purpose of activity, organizer, the date, time, place and contents of the activity of venue, and to detail the decoration issues, time of decoration and time of dismantling, and also the safety maintenance program and cleaning program, in the case of outdoor venue.
(3) The Applicant which is a private group shall submit the photocopied certificate of registration, provided that the same shall not apply if the Applicant is an entity (school).
(4) Where the Applicant’s activities referred to in Point 3 herein involve fund raising, it is necessary to attach the approval letter and plan approved by the competent authority, unless the activities refer to installation of a booth engaged in sale of goods. In the case of assembly or parade, it is necessary to attach the assembly or parade license issued by the competent authority.
The Library shall be entitled to decide whether the Applicant’s application should be approved upon evaluating the status of occupation and nature of activity, and then respond to the Applicant in written form. The Library is entitled to decide whether the venue shall be rented, and no objection may be raised by the Applicant therefor.
Where the Library needs to occupy the venue for the activity organized by it as the first priority upon the Library’s approval of the Applicant’s application, the Library shall negotiate the Applicant for rescheduling or cancellation of the occupation ten (10) days prior to the occupation date. The various charges (including security bond) paid by the Applicant may be reserved or refunded without interest, and no objection or claim for damages may be made by the Applicant therefor.
The Applicant shall furnish the access fees and security bond within the specific time limit identified in the Library’s approval letter after the Library approves the application. The Applicant’s failure to make said payment within the specific time limit shall result in the Library’s cancellation of its right to occupy the venue without prior notice.
Where the Applicant cancels the application without causes in mid of the occupation, the charges already paid will not be refunded. Where it is impossible to occupy the venue as scheduled due to such force majeure as natural calamity or incident, the Applicant shall state the reasons to the Library in written form and may be refunded the charges already paid (including the security bond) upon the Library’s approval, provided that the accrual expenses (including the security bond) shall be deducted upon verification.
The Applicant shall maintain the property insurance and public liability insurance, subject to the nature of exhibitions or activities, in order to protect the exhibited works and life of all participating personnel and the public safety in the duration of the activities. Custody, maintenance and safety of the exhibited works and facilities at the venue shall be handled by the Applicant independently.
The Applicant shall comply with the following requirements when surveying and decorating the venue, and shall be liable for the damages or pollution caused to the venue by it, if any:
(1) The Applicant shall designate one on-site responsible person to communicate with the Library’s person in charge about the occupation of venue, who shall act pursuant to the relevant requirements.
(2) The Applicant shall conduct the on-site survey under escort of the Library’s person in charge during the business hours, for no more than twice, if necessary.
(3) The Applicant shall submit the cut-out, flag, poster or slogan to the Library for review and approval five (5) days prior to occupation of the venue. Meanwhile, the Applicant shall not hang up, paste or post any items on the internal and external walls, beams, glass, floors, windows and doors, and ceilings of the Library.
(4) Where it is necessary to perform construction work to decorate the venue, the Applicant shall submit the detailed drawing to the Library seven (7) days prior to the occupation date for review and approval, and the construction work may be performed only upon the Library’s approval. The construction work is strictly prohibited from ruining the original structure and fixtures and shall use the materials or goods required under the environmental protection or fire protection laws and regulations.
The Applicant shall comply with the following requirements when occupying the venue and various equipment and facilities:
(1) To occupy the venue and various equipment/facilities, devices or plants with due diligence; to use the public property at the venue per the relevant requirements, e.g. posting posters, hanging up flags, and activating lights, stereo and curtain, and sound/video recording equipment, or connecting power supply or installing other electric appliances, which shall be subject to the Library’s prior approval.
(2) To designate sufficient personnel to supervise, require and maintain the peace, sanitation, safety and order of the venue; where any environmental protection, sanitation or fire protection or police authorities initiate a complaint or renders punishment pursuant to laws due to the Applicant’s occupation of the venue, the Applicant shall be liable for the punishment (e.g. fine) pursuant to laws.
(3) Any belongings, devices or data brought into the Library shall be kept by the Applicant on its own, and moved immediately after using. The Library will not be liable for the loss or damage of the same, if any.
(4) Please comply with the Library’s access service requirements: Please dress neatly and tidily, keep quiet, and set the mobile phone to the silent mode or vibrant mode within the Library. Smoking, eating, sleeping, chasing and playing, and making noise are strictly forbidden within the Library.
(5) Please comply with New Taipei City Park Management Regulations, and no sale of goods, rental of recreational devices, or other profit-making activities shall be conducted, in the case of outdoor venue.
(6) The Applicant shall be responsible for taking an inventory of, and surrendering, the venue and various fixtures, facilities, or plants after finalization of the occupation to the Library’s person-in-charge (or management personnel). Polluted goods, rubbish, waste, or any articles other than those placed at the venue generated by the Applicant’s occupation of the venue shall be washed or removed immediately, and the venue is restored, upon finalization of the occupation.
(7) No water or electricity will be supplied at the Library’s outdoor venue.
Please comply with the Noise Control Act when organizing activities. Please don’t make noise so as to interrupt the peace of neighbors and visitors. Meanwhile, please control the voice volume to maintain the Library’s peaceful reading environment and readers’ interest and right.
Smoking is strictly forbidden in the Library. Any person who breaks the rules will be disciplined pursuant to the relevant rules. Meanwhile, please don’t use flame cooking or gas in the duration of the activity, or affect the routes of the Library’s visitors and readers.
Based on the users pay principles, the Applicant shall be charged for occupation of the venue according to the Library’s Statement of Service Hours and Charge Table for Venue, plus 5% business tax, and shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) Access expenses may be exempted for the activities if co-organized by the Library and another entity (organization) or organized by the Library and aided by another entity (organization).
(2) Where the Applicant is a disadvantaged group, public welfare group, government entity (school) or non-profit-making organization which organizes a public welfare activity, or a government entity which organizes the activity dedicated to propagating government laws and decrees, the Applicant may be entitled to the access fees at specific discount upon the Library’s approval of its application with the Library in written form as a special case.
(3) Preferential treatment: 10% discount of the access fees is available to the booking of the venue by the same applicant for 3-5 times cumulatively within the same year, and 20% discount for 6-9 times cumulatively, and a 30% discount for more than 10 times cumulatively, provided that it is necessary to attach the relevant documentary evidence to the application form.
(4) Rehearsal and decoration at outdoor venue shall be carried out whenever no other users occupy the venue for the same session basically and for no more than twice. The charges thereof shall be equivalent to 50% of those collected for the given session. Rehearsal, decoration and dismantling shall be carried out in the morning or in the afternoon only.
(5) The overtime occupation shall be calculated at 50% of the access fees for the given session and the given venue on an hourly basis.
(6) The multiple occupation sessions as requested may cover the buffer time in the process of the occupation.
The Applicant shall furnish the security bond in the amount of NT$10,000. The security bond will be refunded without interest upon finalization of the occupation and after no circumstances subject to debit of expenses are found
Where the Applicant meets the following circumstances when furnishing the security bond, the Library may take appropriate measures. The relevant expenses derived therefor hall be deducted from the security bond, and the deficit, if any, shall be made up by the Applicant upon request:
(1) The Applicant’s occupation of the venue causes damage to the venue, and its equipment/facilities, devices or plants.
(2) The Applicant fails to remove any polluted goods, rubbish, waste, or any articles other than those placed at the venue generated by the Applicant’s occupation of the venue, or to restore the venue, upon finalization of the occupation.
(3) The Applicant occupies the venue beyond the occupation hours.
(4) The Applicant occupies the venue against the Guidelines or related laws and regulations and, therefore, shall bear the relevant legal liability or punishment (e.g. fine).
Where the Applicant meets the following circumstances when occupying the venue, the Library may request the competent authority to deal with it pursuant to laws or order the Applicant to cease occupying the venue immediately, and shall also confiscate the security bond paid for the venue in full and debar the Applicant from applying for occupation of the venue for one year:
(1) The purpose or contents of physical occupation do not match that as requested.
(2) Such business conducts as merchandising or sale of goods involved therein.
(3) The Applicant transfers the venue and session to a third party.
(4) The Applicant ruins the peace, sanitation, safety or order at the venue, and the case is considered material.
(5) The Applicant damages the structure or equipment, or endangers personal life, and the case is considered material.
(6) The Applicant engages in any activities against laws.
(7) The Applicant interferes with public order and good morals.
(8) The Applicant fails to make up the deficit upon offsetting of the security bond furnished by it against the relevant expenses, if any, for more than one month.
Any matters not covered herein shall be handled in accordance with the other relevant requirements.