Guidelines Governing Occupation of Yangmingshan Chungshan Hall
The Guidelines are enacted in order to enhance the management of occupation of the venue and equipment of Yangmingshan Chungshan Hall (hereinafter referred to as the “Chungshan Hall”) to provide users with fair service.
Any entities, companies, corporations, or schools registered or accredited upon the government’s approval (hereinafter referred to as the “Applicant”) may apply for occupation of the venue at Chungshan Hall pursuant to the Guidelines.
The occupation is limited to The Chinese Culture Hall, 1F Conference Room, 3F Dining Hall, kitchen and food distribution room. The service hours are stated as following:
(1) Dining Hall, kitchen and food distribution room at 3F: 8:30AM-10:00PM
(2) The Chinese Culture Hall and Conference Room:
(3) In the circumstances referred to in the preceding subparagraph, where the venue is requested for more than twice on the same day. The venue may be occupied consecutively.
The Applicant shall submit the following information in written form to the Administration Office of Chungshan Hall (hereinafter referred to as the “Administration Office”) within one month prior to occupation of the venue to complete the application procedure:
(1) Application form: The Applicant shall complete and affix the unit responsible person’s seal into the Form. The Applicant which is an entity (school) shall also affix the entity’s (school’s) official seal thereto.
1. To specify the date, time, venue, process, and purpose of the activity of venue.
2. To specify the venue decoration process, dismantling, process, and cleaning plan.
(3) The Applicant which is a private group shall submit the photocopied certificate of registration, provided that the same shall not apply if the Applicant is an entity (school).
Where more than two entities apply for the same occupation hours, or the occupation hours requested by them are overlapped in part so as to affect their activities mutually, the priority of occupation shall be decided in the following order:
(1) For the Administration Office’s own occupation;
(2) For implementation of policies and propagation of policies and decrees by the government entities;
(3) In the order which the application form is served via mail.
The Administration Office shall be entitled to decide whether the Applicant’s application should be approved upon evaluating the status of occupation and nature of activity. No objection may be raised by the Applicant therefor.
The Applicant shall furnish the security bond within three (3) days upon receipt of the written notice after the Administration Office approves the application, and pay the access fees in full within fourteen (14) days. The Applicant’s failure to make said payment shall result in the Administration Office’s cancellation of its right to occupy the venue without prior notice. Where any government entity’s application for propagation of policies and decrees or any social education group’s application for organization of relevant activities is approved by the Administration Office as a special case, a discount of the access fees may be available.
Where the Applicant cancels the application without causes in mid of the occupation, the charges already paid will not be refunded. Where it is impossible to occupy the venue as scheduled due to such force majeure as natural calamity or incident, the Applicant shall state the reasons to the Administration Office in written form and may be refunded the fees already paid (including the security bond) upon the Administration Office’s approval, provided that the accrual expenses (including the security bond) shall be deducted upon verification.
Where the Applicant meets the following circumstances when occupying the venue, the Administration Office may request the competent authority to deal with it pursuant to laws or order the Applicant to cease occupying the venue immediately, and shall also confiscate the security bond paid for the venue and debar the Applicant from applying for occupation of the venue for one year:
(1) The purpose or contents of physical occupation do not match that as requested.
(2) The Applicant transfers the venue and session to a third party.
(3) The Applicant ruins the sanitation, safety or order at the venue, and the case is considered material.
(4) The Applicant damages the structure or equipment, or endangers personal life, and the case is considered material.
(5) The Applicant engages in any activities against laws.
(6) The Applicant interferes with public order and good morals.
(7) The Applicant fails to make up the deficit upon offsetting of the security bond furnished by it against the relevant expenses, if any, for more than one month.
In order to ensure maintenance of the venue and the quality of activity, the Administration Office may call a coordination meeting for occupation of the venue subject to the purpose of activity on a date prior to the date of occupation. The Applicant shall have its relevant personnel attend the meeting.
The Applicant shall comply with the following requirements when surveying and decorating the venue, and shall be liable for the damages caused to the venue by it, if any:
(1) The Applicant shall designate one on-site responsible person to communicate with the Administration Office’s person in charge about the occupation of venue, who shall act pursuant to the relevant requirements. If necessary, the Applicant may be asked to maintain the public liability insurance.
(2) The Applicant shall conduct the on-site survey under escort of the Administration Office’s person in charge during the business hours, for no more than three times, if necessary.
(3) The Applicant shall submit the cut-out, flag, poster or slogan to the Administration Office for review and approval five (5) days prior to occupation of the venue. Without permission, the Applicant shall not hang up, paste or post any items on the internal and external walls, beams, glass, floors, windows and doors, and ceilings of Chungshan Grand Hall.
The Applicant shall comply with the following requirements when occupying the venue and various equipment/facilities, and shall be liable for the damages for failure to comply with the same, if any:
(1) To occupy the venue and various equipment/facilities, devices with due diligence as a good administrator.
(2) To strictly follow the occupation hours of the venue; otherwise, additional charges shall be collected therefore.
(3) To designate sufficient personnel to supervise, require and maintain the sanitation, safety, and order of the venue. Where any environmental protection, sanitation or fire protection, or police authorities initiate a complaint or renders punishment pursuant to laws due to the Applicant’s occupation of the venue, the Applicant shall be liable for the punishment (e.g. fine) pursuant to laws.
(4) Any belongings, devices or data brought into the Administration Office shall be kept by the Applicant on its own, and moved immediately after using. The Administration Office will not be liable for the loss or damage of the same, if any.
(5) Where it is necessary to alter the original equipment or furniture at the venue to meet the need for the activity, the alteration shall be subject to the Administration Office’s prior approval.
(6) The Applicant shall be responsible for taking an inventory of, and surrendering, the venue and various fixtures after finalization of the occupation, and also for cleaning and maintaining the venue and removing rubbish from the venue, and restoring the venue.
(7) Where the Applicant needs to use the lights, stereo and stage facilities of Chungshan Grand Hall, it shall ask the Administration Office’s personnel for help and be forbidden from using the same on its own. Its installation of any additional lights, video/sound recording facilities, or other electric and mechanical equipment shall be subject to the Administration Office’s prior approval and instruction. The Applicant shall also prepare power generators on its own to maintain the safety at the venue.
The Applicant shall furnish the access fees pursuant to the “Yangminshan Chungshan Hall Venue Access Charge Table,” plus 5% business tax.
The Applicant shall furnish the security bond in the amount of NT$10,000 per day, and the interval less than one day shall be counted as one day. The security bond will be refunded without interest upon finalization of the occupation and after no circumstances subject to debit of expenses are found.
Where the Applicant meets the following circumstances when furnishing the security bond, the Administration Office may take appropriate measures. The relevant expenses derived therefor shall be deducted from the security bond, and the deficit, if any, shall be made up by the Applicant upon request:
(1) The Applicant’s occupation of the venue causes damage to the venue, furniture, fixtures, paintings, equipment and facilities.
(2) The Applicant fails to remove any polluted goods, rubbish, waste, or any articles other than those placed at the venue generated by the Applicant’s occupation of the venue, or to restore the venue, upon finalization of the occupation.
(3) The Applicant occupies the venue beyond the occupation hours.
(4) The Applicant occupies the venue against the Guidelines or related laws and regulations and; therefore, shall bear the relevant legal liability or punishment (e.g. fine).
The Applicant shall apply for cancellation of the occupation in written form if it needs to cancel the occupation with cause, provided that the security bond will not be refunded. The access fees already paid shall be handled in the following manners:
(1) 2/3 of the access fees will be refunded, if the application for cancellation is served one month prior to the agreed occupation date.
(2) 1/2 of the access fees will be refunded, if the application for cancellation is served seven (7) days but no more than one month prior to the agreed occupation date.
(3) No access fees will be refunded, if period between the date when the application for cancellation is served and the agreed occupation date is less than seven (7) days.
Where the Administration Office needs to occupy the venue for the activity organized by it as the first priority upon the Administration Office’s approval of the Applicant’s application, the Administration Office shall negotiate the Applicant for rescheduling or cancellation of the occupation ten (10) days prior to the occupation date. The various charges (including security bond) paid by the Applicant may be reserved or refunded without interest, and no objection or claim for damages may be made by the Applicant therefor.
Where the Applicant needs to reschedule the occupation with cause, it shall file a written application with the Administration Office fifteen (15) days prior to the agreed occupation date, and may reschedule the occupation only upon the Administration Office’s approval. The application for rescheduling may be filed for no more than once, and the period between the rescheduled occupation date and the initially agreed occupation date shall be no more than one year. Where the Applicant occupies the venue as initially requested and makes overpayment, if any, upon the Administration Office’s approval of its application for rescheduling, the overpayment shall be refunded, if necessary.